Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tell momma whats wrong (BHMers come on in)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tushay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tushay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 5:14am
you ladies are right...from what i see...there is a very friendly environment here.....bhm tends to have more info for black hair...but some of the drama can get crazy...i like it here...plus there are other nationalities here and you can learn some of their beauty secrets..i'll make this my second home..
don't chase me unless your ready to catch me!!!
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:30am
After lurking for a couple of days waiting to get activated, I noticed that HB is alot friendlier. 

It is like you are looking for a new home and you first check out the neighborhood before moving.  The last neighborhood you were in was a little chaotic and the Commanding Officer was never on duty.  I like HB's neighborhood -- I am moving in.

Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 8:42am
Originally posted by TooBlessed TooBlessed wrote:

After lurking for a couple of days waiting to get activated, I noticed that HB is alot friendlier. 

It is like you are looking for a new home and you first check out the neighborhood before moving.  The last neighborhood you were in was a little chaotic and the Commanding Officer was never on duty.  I like HB's neighborhood -- I am moving in.
ClapClapClapClap The commanding officer here is on duty, and is very cool too.. Welcome to the neighborhood!!
Check out the 5th So Cal offline luncheon?? For more info: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com/lunch.html

Links to my fav vendors & hair albums + Weave 101 information: divahairtalk.overthehillweb.com
BeautyWitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeautyWitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 7:46pm
Hey TB!
TooBlessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooBlessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2008 at 9:56am
*waving* Hey DivaVocals and BeautyWitch!!!!!!!!!!Tongue

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 2:27pm
Hello new members Smile
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Great history.

Yeah, the site  have technical difficulties, too often for my taste. If it is not one site it is another.

So what stuff would you have not thought to use  if it was not from BHM? Can you elaborate on that.

I would have never found products like the Cantu Shea Butter line, I wouldn't be using pure/natural oils (like jojoba, olive), Lustrasilk Shea Butter conditioner..My hair care stash has definetly grown & I also learned what products/ingredients to look for and to watch out for..And since I've ventured into wearing weaves & extensions, BHM has been very helpful
essence916 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essence916 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 9:56pm
hey ladies!! missed yall...
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 8:16am
Originally posted by essence916 essence916 wrote:

hey ladies!! missed yall...

hey essence girl good to see you here!
madisonb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:45am
I found BHM through hairextentions 101, I was a weave fanatic and gravitated to the weave section there i learned all the wonders of "REAL" Remi hair and ordering straight from the source and have never looked back.  then I discovered the holy grail - the lace front section! I just don't look at weaves the same anymore. 
TressaMagic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TressaMagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 8:17pm
cheerHey family!! It's been lonesome on BHM nice to see y'all didn'r cybervaporate!!  drunk
Before BHM:  I was lonely and frustrated in my search for "bangin'" hair. I would roam seeking the "fix" for which could not be found.  I went to trade shows but plastic hair on lace was not the high I had to have.  While evaluating other vendors I found kindred spirits  in the vets of BHM.

After: I remain addicted, but I no longer feign for lace wigs (although I still attack the UPS driver. I also don't "kill' them as fast and learned how to bring some back from the "Dead." The infighting and hate grew tiresome.  But the most important feature came from the kindness of other sisters that paid a serious price in time, money and quality to share unselfishly. Real classy, intelligent ladies with giant hearts, immeasurable patience and kindness . . . .especially SEXI.  Anywhere she is is a class act, on that you can rely. The BS on BHM became intolerable. Without u guys it's nothing now.  barmy

Edited by TressaMagic - March 13 2008 at 8:20pm
fllwlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fllwlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 11:12pm

Before: I actually found this site first & would "lurk" every so often, but BHM had a little more activity. I too found it through here.

After: I ended up transitioning from BSS wigs & tracks to purchasing bulk wefts, then skin wefts from CV. Then of course the Lace wigs came & OFF WENT MY HAIR!  busted  LOL

sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 8:34am
Originally posted by TressaMagic TressaMagic wrote:

cheerHey family!! It's been lonesome on BHM nice to see y'all didn'r cybervaporate!!  drunk
Before BHM:  I was lonely and frustrated in my search for "bangin'" hair. I would roam seeking the "fix" for which could not be found.  I went to trade shows but plastic hair on lace was not the high I had to have.  While evaluating other vendors I found kindred spirits  in the vets of BHM.

After: I remain addicted, but I no longer feign for lace wigs (although I still attack the UPS driver. I also don't "kill' them as fast and learned how to bring some back from the "Dead." The infighting and hate grew tiresome.  But the most important feature came from the kindness of other sisters that paid a serious price in time, money and quality to share unselfishly. Real classy, intelligent ladies with giant hearts, immeasurable patience and kindness . . . .especially SEXI.  Anywhere she is is a class act, on that you can rely. The BS on BHM became intolerable. Without u guys it's nothing now.  barmy

HEY TRESSA AND FLLWLOVER GREAT TO HAVE YOU HEREClap
ebyokuri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebyokuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:31am
it's been so long, i don't remember how i found bhm (been a member since 2004 but only about 100 posts)

before bhm: i thought i had the best weave install!

after bhm: i look at pictures of my previous installs and am so happy I found bhm. my weaves look like real hair now, not plastic AND my hair is growing and I even ventured and bought a lf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic