Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tape users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lilypod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilypod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tape users
    Posted: April 15 2008 at 10:43am

Ok, I have a question for the tape gals:

Do you place it right of the very edge of your lace or do you leave a few millimeters of lace in the front without lace?
I put mine right at the edge and I feel that it kind of makes the lace harder to blend to your scalp.

What do you ladies do?
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Lilypod Lilypod wrote:

Ok, I have a question for the tape gals:

Do you place it right of the very edge of your lace or do you leave a few millimeters of lace in the front without lace?
I put mine right at the edge and I feel that it kind of makes the lace harder to blend to your scalp.

What do you ladies do?

When I used to do all tape apps I used Proflex no shine tape and I would place the tape on the very edge of the lace. Although it does blend well, it does not completely disappear like when you use adhesive. That is why I don't use tape on the very front of the hairline, just along the sides up to the temples. Wink
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 5:58pm
I've tried it both ways (all the way to the edge) to me this shows more.  The other way I've done it is  to put it about 1/8 of an inch behind the hairline at the top and use just a bit of glue at the edge.  It works better that way for me.
Mistress Shaka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mistress Shaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2008 at 6:10pm
I use to place the lace at the very edge of the tape, I stopped after I found the tape to be collecting the color on my foundation makeup, so now I put the tape on the skin first then I place the lace a few centimeters in front of the tape so that I can use the safe grip adhesive for a more natural look.

I will have to put a pic of my unit in my avatar here so you can see.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic