Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pink Orange Color Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quess View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pink Orange Color Problem
    Posted: November 17 2002 at 9:25pm
I have a little problem, and hope that one of you wise posters out there have a helpful suggestion for me.

My natural color is ash blond. I used a blonding kit, about 3 weeks ago, which worked really well, and didn`t damage my hair very much. I bleached it, so that I could apply a semi permanent red color (Color Jamz Wild Red) that washed out to a really nice pink. I reapplied the red 10 days ago. Knowing that I have a job interview tomorrow, I worked on getting my hair back to a "normal" color today.

The pink was pretty faded, with blond patches showing through. So, I bought a semi permanent light brown color (Preference, or something), thinking that would cover it. Wrong. It didn`t seem to do anything to the pink color. It just darkened the blond parts.

So, I got another bleaching kit, thinking that was drastic, but would work. I have the color that I could pull off a plantinum blond look. :) Well, again, it seems only to have affected the parts that show through blond. The pink IS faded, but looks sort of light pink/orangey now, liberally streaked with platinum blond. Ugh!

Any suggestions on what I can do to make this look more presentable? I saw a suggestion on this board to use an ash blond to neutralize orange colors. But, does that only apply to the sort of brassy orange that brunettes get when they bleach?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Quess View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 7:49pm
Just an FYI for any one who might run into a similar problem:

I ended up calling Clairol, and getting advice from them. They gave me a terrific solution that ended up giving me a natural, flattering hair color, with out damaging my hair further.
rainbowbright View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainbowbright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2002 at 10:15pm
It`s not unusual to see girls wearing thier hair different colors at some jobs. I don`t know what type of job you had an interview for, but just the other day in a restaurant  I seen a waitress with midnight blue hair that looked really good. Just a thought maybe you didn`t have to go through all the trouble of bleaching and coloring your hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic