Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Summer/Beach Hairdo's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
versatylestyle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote versatylestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Summer/Beach Hairdo's
    Posted: June 30 2003 at 8:05pm
Hey everyone I go to the beach about everyday and I have really curly/crimpy hair that i straighten everyday. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any really easy hairdo's that i could do at the beach
tycho12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tycho12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 7:46pm
Not sure how long your hair is, but mine is betweeen short and medium, and wavy. One style I have tried on hot humid days is this: Towel dry hair, then add a good holding gel. Section the front into 3 sections: center of bangs, and a 1-2 inch wide section on either side. Comb each section up, then twist and pin down with a bobby pin. The effect is almost like a cornrow, but with a bit of height. I let the back flip up and do what it wants. This keeps it off my face all day, and looks decent too.

HTH
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 9:29pm
tycho, is this your son? He is just beautiful!!!
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 12:52am
And he's climbing on a Nittany Lion, isn't he? You must be from Penn State! But that's OK.

I wish I was at the beach everyday.
I would just put my hair up in a bun. I like to keep my hair above my shoulders because I don't want to get sweat and sunscreen in it from having it touch my back. I also don't want to get salt water in it when I go for a swim!

Alternately, you could do a French Twist, but that's a little more difficult to do than a bun.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
versatylestyle View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote versatylestyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2003 at 5:35pm
Thank you so much
tycho12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tycho12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2003 at 7:08pm
Yes, that's my son. Thanks for the compliment! Yes, that is the Nittany Lion. I'm a Penn State Alum and that pic was taken on a visit back there last summer.
Cheers!
Beth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic