Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair straightening on its own?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Freddie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair straightening on its own?
    Posted: August 13 2003 at 11:03am
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago called "series of bad haircuts." After thinking about it a little more, I was wondering if wavy hair can start to become straight after a while (maybe before it goes gray or falls out or something).

I help a bunch of hair between my fingers. I used to think the barber was cutting it wrong and that the hairs were different lengths. Now I noticed that all are about the same length - but some stick up straight and some are wavy. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Maybe your answer could change the way I handle my hair or have it cut. My earlier thread might have more information. Thanks.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2003 at 1:29pm
Hi Freddie,

Most people have several types of hair on their head. I have thick, medium diameter hair with some very fine pieces around the hairline. It's wavy all over except for a very straight patch at my neck and a few very tightly coiled curls at my ears! How strange is that? What you're noticing is normal. Does your barber cut your hair when it's wet or dry? A dry cut might help even things out since when hair is wet it tends to even out in length (wavier pieces are stretched to match the straight ones, etc.) I hope this helps!
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic