Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do your pets ever play with your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Donda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 1:48pm

My car Chester would chew on my hair at night, so I make sure I pin it up some way or another.  He also has this thing about licking/grooming my eyebrows before I go to bed at night.
Thick 4A Hair, Relaxed every 8 weeks. Contributing writer at xicamagazine.4t.com
Amazing Grace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amazing Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 6:05pm
When my cat, Simon, wants to encourage one of the other cats to vacate "his" chair, he jumps up next to them and begins to lick their fur backwards. One day I was curled up in the chair and Simon decided I needed to move.

He's only tried licking my hair backwards once...
shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 5:02am

heheh...that made me laugh grace!

and donda, i know its icky when they do such things, but its such a nice feeling that an animal such as a cat (who are naturally wild) trust & love us that they want to show is affection that way.

cats are wonderful, not to good when it comes to long hair tho!...they treat it as if its their own special play toy.

Asmara

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."
strawberryfine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberryfine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 3:49pm

One of my cats, Missy, a longhair herself, loves to snuzzle her face into my hair when I pick her up.  It's so sweet!

SF

strawberryfine
2aFii
12/25.5"/terminal length after reaching "small of my back length"
AnaJ152 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaJ152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 12:18pm
I own three parrots.  A quaker parrot and two tiels.  The quaker loves to preen my hair.  She does it gentely but I don't let her do it that often.  Its like I'm her favorite buddy out of our small flock.  And my male tiel loves to preen my eyebrows.  I have strange pets.

Edited by AnaJ152
To live would be an awfully big adventure.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 2:49pm
Well i have a percian cat, a very hairy cat. When he cleans himself under his chin he ends up with all the hair in his mouth. And he can't get it out so he walks around with his chin hair in his mouth, stuck to his bottom teeth. Por cat!!
blueorca84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueorca84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2005 at 3:47pm

I have a tiel who would sit on my mom's shoulder and snuggle with her hair!  it was so adorable! ^__^

Edited by blueorca84
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 12:51pm
My cat likes to burrow in my hair and do what I call the "paw dance" where he lays on my chest and kneads my hair with his claws (I have plastic caps on them, otherwise it can be painful sometimes!), he also enjoys attacking it when I'm sitting at the computer.  Every so often I feel him pounce on it if it's not pulled up in a bun or something.  And if we're lounging on the sofa together he'll swat at my hair if I move suddenly and flick my hair around. 

Edited by Delenn
Delenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 12:57pm

Oh!  I completely forgot about two pets from my past.  In college I had a pet king snake who was still pretty small, he used to nap on my shoulders under my hair or on the top of my head, he'd weave himself into my hair (it was quite and attractive hairdo, let me tell ya!  ...Not!)

My ex boyfriend had an Australian Lorikeet who was my portable hair stylist, he literally sat on my head and preened me for hours.  Never anyone else, just me.  Wasn't so bad, kind of therapeutic and relaxing in a way, at least until he would give off the most painful, loudest, ear piercing screeeeeeeeeeeeech right into my ear.  Oh I can still hear that bird, I was his favorite.  We had a love/hate relationship.  LOL!

BrooKiki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrooKiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2005 at 2:35pm
I have an Australian Cattle Dog mix.  If anyone ISN'T familiar with that breed, let's just say they're high energy and leave it at that.  Wonderful dogs, but...wow.

When she was a puppy, she loved my hair.  If I was having trouble getting her to come to me, I would just bend over and the hair did it.  Since she's gotten older, she's settled down a bit.  Now she won't run at my hair when I bend over, but she will try to steal scrunchies out of it.  Also, when she gets in a cuddly mood, she'll sort of bury her face in my hair.  Sometimes, when we're playing outside, she'll actually jump up and grab my hair,  Ow.   I'm 5'7, my hair falls 2-3 inches past my shoulders, and the dog comes up to my knee, so you can imagine how high she's jumping.  We're at a loss on how on earth she managed to tear her ACL, being so very sedate and calm.  *g*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic