Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stylist rights?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alpineblondie36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alpineblondie36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stylist rights?
    Posted: February 03 2011 at 11:58am
Confused Do stylists have rights? I have been doing hair 16 years with no complaints and had a very distressing client on a Saturday.  She wanted to be blonder than she was so I proceeded to put foils in her hair. By the time I finished the foils in the back the front was done so I pulled the foils out so they wouldn't process anymore to give minimum damage. I leave her for 5 minutes and she proceeds to pull on the hair that still has the dried bleach on them breaking off her own hair ( 6 witnesses). She is running around the salon ranting and raving that her hair is falling out and making other stylists and clients very uncomfortable. She then demands I remove the back foils ( orange at that point) and shampoo her out. I  immediately do so and then I blow dried her hair. The front being a pretty  blonde , the back a hideous orange. Her hair was not breaking off in the comb nor the sink when shampooing.  She was pretty abusive and I am not negligent.

I didn't charge her one dime and gave her a free deep conditioning product to take home.

Here comes the best part, she is a 2009 law grad specializing in estate law, I have lost sleep over this well due to the emotional distress and worry she will try to sue me.Cry  I take my job seriously and take great pride in my work and have a good clientele. It is a small world in the hair industry where I live, and I am worried about my name and the salon name being tarnished. If she does sue I have witnesses as to the situation, but really wish I could counter sue for emotional damages and slander. Tongue

Anyone else have any experiences with clients like that? In 16 years this was my first.

xoxo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic