Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Going from medium brown to lighter blonde- how?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Going from medium brown to lighter blonde- how?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yawnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yawnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Going from medium brown to lighter blonde- how?
    Posted: June 08 2011 at 8:57pm

How do you guys suggest going from:

to:

or if there's any other shade suggestions that's totally welcomed :>

btw, I'm new here so I apologize if I'm doing something wrong.

Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 3:45pm
You can try Clairol Nice N' Easy's Ultra Light Natural Blonde shade Box87, hopefully that will work.  How light are you trying to go?
Shannon D. Bax
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 6:27pm
If you want to go blonde like that, you'll need to use a bleach first, then use a toner. A  hair color alone will only lighten your hair 1-2 levels and bring out the red tones.
If you are going to do it yourself go to Sally's or contact Clairol Chat through their web site.
xenus001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xenus001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2011 at 8:06am
Yes, I agree with Jojoswr.  If you use box color you MAY pull red, orange or something else if your natural base has lots of red.  I agree that you should bleach like Jojoswr says. 

Whatever you decide, always do a patch test first to see what will happen rather than just slap the color onto your head and hope for the best results.
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2011 at 11:19pm
For anyone who wants to go to a light blonde from brunette needs to do a double process. Double process = bleach + toner. It's only way to go light without the brass, orange or icky yellow tones that occur while lightening one's hair. Seeing a pro will make it easier for you and they have products that are good and gentle to hair that undergoes drastic changes. Then you can do the root touch ups yourself. This is a high maintenance so it's not recommended to anyone who is not into high maintenance mode. =)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic