Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peace in the Personals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peace in the Personals
    Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
How sweet!I guess we _can_ all "just get along." :-)(No, I haven't a clue what happened, which is just as well.)From my own perspective, yes I have a hair fetish, and yes I know how difficult it can be to resolve the issue of moderating the natural emotional response that is felt towards long beautiful hair vs the respectfulness that is _required_ in not making that the sole focus of our interactions with those women who choose to wear their hair long.This had been discussed at length on this board earlier in the year (March/April/May), and I guess it's a subject destined to be discussed ad naseum for ever and ever and ever.I don't know at what point each fetishist may "get it," and learn to address each woman as a distinct, unique individual. The "epiphany" strikes each person at different times, and perhaps it requires a significant emotional event to act as the catalyst for obtaining "enlightenment." I also do not wish to be disrespectful in associating youthful enthusiasm with immaturity, but a balance of perspective with self-control and understanding does come from personal growth and maturity. Patience, guys - patience.And if I haven't bored everyone to tears yet with my soap-boxing, then allow me one more point, please: for many women, "fetish" is associated with "threat" because a few individuals are disrespectful, aggressive or sometimes simply thoughtless. A few people can spoil it for the many. Let us please be nice, and let us be respectful, okay?Thank you for your time and patience.--Bruce
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
I appreciate your posting. YOu sumed it up pretty much.I really appreciated your words.>How sweet!> I guess we _can_ all "just get along." :-)> (No, I haven't a clue what happened, which is just as> well.)> From my own perspective, yes I have a hair fetish, and> yes I know how difficult it can be to resolve the> issue of moderating the natural emotional response> that is felt towards long beautiful hair vs the> respectfulness that is _required_ in not making that> the sole focus of our interactions with those women> who choose to wear their hair long.> This had been discussed at length on this board> earlier in the year (March/April/May), and I guess> it's a subject destined to be discussed ad naseum for> ever and ever and ever.> I don't know at what point each fetishist may> "get it," and learn to address each woman as> a distinct, unique individual. The> "epiphany" strikes each person at different> times, and perhaps it requires a significant emotional> event to act as the catalyst for obtaining> "enlightenment." I also do not wish to be> disrespectful in associating youthful enthusiasm with> immaturity, but a balance of perspective with> self-control and understanding does come from personal> growth and maturity. Patience, guys - patience.> And if I haven't bored everyone to tears yet with my> soap-boxing, then allow me one more point, please: for> many women, "fetish" is associated with> "threat" because a few individuals are> disrespectful, aggressive or sometimes simply> thoughtless. A few people can spoil it for the many.> Let us please be nice, and let us be respectful, okay?> Thank you for your time and patience.> --Bruce
LaDonna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaDonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
Bruce, you are SSSOOOO smart!!!! (and sweet!)
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
> Bruce, you are SSSOOOO smart!!!! (and sweet!)
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
> Bruce, you are SSSOOOO smart!!!! (and sweet!)Yeah? Well if I'm SSSOOOO smart, why did I just post an "empty" message? D'OH!!!(But I'll happily agree with "sweet". Thanks, darlin'.):-)
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Well, shucks, ma'am, 't'weren't nuthin'.BTW - has it ever been established exactly which province of Canada you're in? You mentioned "Canucks" - as I hockey fan, that means "Vancouver, B.C." to me. That _can't_ be "the coldest"...> I appreciate your posting. YOu sumed it up pretty> much.> I really appreciated your words.>> How sweet!
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
Vancouver is our tropical province.I live in Manitoba which is the coldest Province to live in the winter. Very vicious weather at times. Where do you live?> Well, shucks, ma'am, 't'weren't nuthin'.> BTW - has it ever been established exactly which> province of Canada you're in? You mentioned> "Canucks" - as I hockey fan, that means> "Vancouver, B.C." to me. That _can't_ be> "the coldest"...
Diane View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Vancouver is our tropical province.> I live in Manitoba which is the coldest Province to> live in the winter. Very vicious weather at times.> Where do you live?
Bruce View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Hi Diane,I live in Oakland, California. Right now we're experiencing "Indian Summer." That means the temperature is in the mid-to-high 70's, much higher "inland." Can't imagine what it's like in Manitoba. I love the weather here - wouldn't trade it for any other.So what's a "canuck"?(feel welcome to write/send the answer to my personal e-mail address, so that we don't bore all the poor lurkers out there) ;-)
Ashley's kick in the butt. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley's kick in the butt. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 7:45pm
Hello Bruce and the board. Yes I agree. I've realized this aspect of respect through an, um, slip...I've apologized to Diane, that sweet intelligent beautiful woman that often contributes here, and she has forgiven me. I've learned that lesson.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic