Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kind of crazy question for the ladies .....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ds View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kind of crazy question for the ladies .....
    Posted: December 28 2001 at 1:02am
Reply to message: 8.364.1
Hey Jim, yes I have shaved my hair off twice because it looked terrible. I couldn`t stand washing it and having it fall out in my hands. I wore a wig for awhile. I`ve let my hair grow back, but I can`t do very much with it, so I wear a turban. I was never comfortable going outside with nothing on my head because I didn`t want to draw attention to myself with a shaved head. Men can walk around with no hair and there`s no problem, a woman does and she gets looked at funny. Anyway, I`m dealing with my problem, but its something I worry about when I meet someone new. Take care:)
CM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2001 at 9:27pm
Hey Jim,

I sure have thought about shaving it off, in fact I dream of it every day. I have always had rather unhealthy hair and now that it is dissapearing I just want it completely OFF my head. It depressed the hell out of me! As a woman, however, I am sure I do not need to mention how socially awkward that would be. It`s a sexist thing of course after all, men generally look great with shaved heads. I`ve though of changing my wardrobe in accordance with my new appearance but... what a `drag` that would be! Plus, I would probably get fired from my job. What would you do? Would you find a woman with a shaved head attractive, or would her `personality` have to compensate for her looks? That question goes out to the women readers as well, by the way!

CM
lorri View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2001 at 7:59pm
i say shave. shaved heads are fashionable right now, and it`s a style that looks good on most men. so take advantage of it while you can...

after losing almost all of his hair, my dad did exactly what you were describing above. he has my mom shave his head. my brothers all started losing their hair young too, and they all look good with *very* short hair or shaved (not all the way to the shiny scalp, just very short).

btw, i came across this website while searching for answers as to why the hair on my head was *suddenly* thinning (within a matter of weeks), as well as having the hair on my legs completely stop growing... i`m going to see a doctor about it, but if anybody has had anything like this happen i`d love to know what could be causing it. yes, stress is definitely a possible answer in my case, but for body hair too??

lorri
Balding Beauti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balding Beauti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2001 at 6:10pm
quote:

JimB originally wrote:
I have been wondering about this for sometimes, so I will ask the questions here. I know they will sound crazy but one must think about it first before answering. The questions are mainly for the ladies, but men can answer too.

Given this is a message board pretaining to hair loss, the questions are::

Have you ever gotten to the point, of hair loss, that you just said, "To hell with this (the hair loss), I'm just going to shave my head and be done with it"?

Have you ever gotten to the point and almost had your head shaved, whether you decided to wear a wig/hair-peice or not?

I think the qestions could make a point if they are thought out before they are answered. One might just find something out about ones self thinking about it.

JimB

Hi Jim, this is my first time to the message boards and your questions caught my eye.
I am one of those women (32 yrs.) that was so unhappy with my thinning hair that I acually did get out the hair shears and shave it all off. I then wore a wig that I thought looked very natural, but while in public instead of thinking how everyone was looking at my balding head as before I then thought everyone is looking at my wig. So I have since let my hair grow back out and have to learn to live with what I got. There is alot more to my own story but this is just to answer your question. :)
JimB View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2001 at 4:22pm
I have been wondering about this for sometimes, so I will ask the questions here. I know they will sound crazy but one must think about it first before answering. The questions are mainly for the ladies, but men can answer too.

Given this is a message board pretaining to hair loss, the questions are::

Have you ever gotten to the point, of hair loss, that you just said, "To hell with this (the hair loss), I`m just going to shave my head and be done with it"?

Have you ever gotten to the point and almost had your head shaved, whether you decided to wear a wig/hair-peice or not?

I think the qestions could make a point if they are thought out before they are answered. One might just find something out about ones self thinking about it.

JimB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic