Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My hair situation...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SilencedPoetry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilencedPoetry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My hair situation...
    Posted: June 19 2002 at 12:29am
<>

As someone with the condition of trichtillomania, I advise you to convince your mother that there is something which is causing a problem in your life. Getting support is the first part to getting help. I have had this condition for nearly three years running, but I know I wouldn`t have made it this far without the support of my family.

A second thing for you to do is try to make yourself restrain from pulling. Sit on your hands and count to ten, braid the section of hair over and over until the urge passes, scream "NO" mentally, anything that could discourage you from pulling. If the time you pull is when you brush your hair in the morning, put the brush aside and go do something else for a minute until you feel you can continue brushing your hair wihtout pulling.

I certainly hope this helps you, and you can feel free to e-mail me for someone to talk to at anytime. My e-mail address is KatSaiyanGirl@hotmail.com.
Kayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2002 at 12:11pm
Hi, I`m ripping out my hair too. It`s getting realy bad on the top where i used to part it and on the left side. I don`t know what to do with it and my mom won`t believe there is something wrong. . . Please tell me what i can do.
lhoover View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhoover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2002 at 1:58pm
Hi-

I am a mother of a daughter who appears to be doing this. A hairdresser told me of this situation. She knows someone in Boulder, CO who does hypnosis to cure this. I`m not sure how I feel about this....I need a lot more information about this condition. This is the first time I have ever heard of it.

If I get any more info. on this, I will share it with you. Please send me your e-mail address.

Les
Red Head View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2001 at 6:34pm
It is very difficult to style my hair and do things different with it, because I have a rare obbsessive compulsive disorder called trickatellamania ( I pull out my hair). I started doing it when my grandfather died, when I was about 12, and I am 16 now. It got really bad when I was about 14, and I had really short hair on the top of my head that had grown in from being pulled out, and It was really awful looking, and impossible to do anything that looked decent with my hair. It`s alot better, and mostly grown in, long in back, but I still can`t wear my hair down. Nobody can tell when I wear my hair half up or all the way up, though. I am always looking for unique hair styles that involve putting some of the top part of my hair up (without parting it).
Also, If anyone has had this condition, or if you know anyone who has recovered from it, I would like to know. I have been in therapy for years, I`ve tried everything, and no one knows what to do anymore, and no docter has been able to help.
nother thing, does anyone know anything about hair transplants? I wonder if that could do anything for me... I only need longer hair on the top of my head.
If anyone knows anything that might help me, please e mail me. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic