Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afraid of salons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 7:30pm
Hi Iowa Biker,

I regret to say it (for the sake of women) but I think in general that male clients receive more respect in salons from female stylists than do female clients. I've been very fortunate going to many salons (that do not specialize in long hair) and having my requests for only 1/2" trimmed honored. The one time my hair was cut much shorter than requested (when I first began growing out), the stylist was a man. I never went back. After that, the next stylist was also a man but he was excellent, visited him at the salon for two years and helped me grow out the layers, trimmed the tiniest bit but the improvement in the state of my hair was noticeable each time.

Anyway, I ramble...

Ally, that is excellent that you are getting the respect you deserve at salons. You have trained your stylist well. Glad to hear that they see their challenge in the "proper" light. . The closer the stylist conforms to my request, the better the tip... what a concept, huh?

Sophie, it's good to hear that salons (and the product manufacturers) are so lenient with returns. I guess it depends on the circumstances. I guess there are some scenarios in which using most of a package before deciding it isn't working can be plausible (especially if a lot of the product is used in each "application").
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic