Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody see Inside Edition?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Michelle766 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle766 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2001 at 10:59pm
I would hate to have a husband that obsessed about long hair. Its nice to appreciate longer hair, but remember its still just hair. I used to have near waist length hair and have since trimmed it to around mid-back as it seemed to attract alot of men who saw my hair long before they ever saw me.
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2001 at 6:16am
Reply to message: 10.3414.1
Michelle,

If I understand you correctly you had beautiful waist length hair and you cut it off because of its attraction to men. I don`t understand this.

After my opinion the distribution of natural or material gifts follows no rules, but if it will be refused by its receivers the distribution was wrong.

Some people get a lot of money from their ancients, others get more intelligence or force to follow their goals then others. As an result differences occur in society.

If all the differences will be cut off a kind of communism will occure that doesn`t work in reality, as we all know.

Individuals need space to evolve themselves and this results in a better quality of the society in general. I see no reason why a beautiful long hair should be excluded. You estimation of this men sounds like a moralic judgment and the punishment follows immediately.

I think if a woman will cut off her beautiful hair she don`t need it. I am sorry, but for me it is a loss of beauty.

wolfgang
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2001 at 11:06pm
Reply to message: 10.3415.1
You estimation of this men sounds like a moralic judgment and the punishment follows immediately. I think if a woman will cut off her beautiful hair she don`t need it. I am sorry, but for me it is a loss of beauty.

Dear Wolfgang:

Who knows if Michelle cut her hair because of men but personally I find your statement a bit harsh toward her. Who do you think is being punish if the decision was hers? How dare. And just because she decided to cut her hair doesn`t mean that she is less pretty or whatever!
If the decision was because of men then I certainly understand where she would be coming from. I am one of those woman who doesn`t care for men to chase me because of my looks and yes I was one of those woman that men would phone me when they thought my husband was out of the house and I had no respect for those men. LOng hair can easily attrack the wrong kind of guy as it can attrack the right kind of guy. It can get a bit frustrating to be treated as a piece of meat and not a human being. Having money or intelligence tells most people to respect that human being but I seriously don`t think that things will change soon how some men will treat women. Not that I hate men. Actually I do happen to have a few good men friends that I had for 20years or so and they understand the beauty of the heart and not this long hair garbage attitude. Sorry but this rub me the wrong way. Just because women decide to do something it doesn`t mean that they are punishing men for goodness sakes.
dianefromcanada
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2001 at 5:47pm
Reply to message: 10.3416.1
Hello Diane,

I am sorry if my comment sounds harsh, I think I will be more carefully in further statements. I wanted to show that it can be reasonable to stand for a long hair independent of what other people think about it.

This morning I saw a woman with long straight butt length hair and it was the only thing I saw (between all the other people in the underground). For me it makes such a difference. I think I am biased by this long hair and I am looking always for arguments to defend it, it may happen that I sometimes go to far and I am grateful for corrections.

Besite this there exist a real life with almost short haired people and completely different requests, long hair appears more to be fairy-tale then reality for me.

wolfgang
Kimberlina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2001 at 7:27am
This is just a small point......

I live in the tropics in Australia, it gets soooo hot and humid in summer. I used to have hair that was down further than the middle of my back (it looked dreadful, I never looked after it...but I was only 14) and it got SOOOO hot in summer here. To have longer hair than that would be ridiculous. My friend used to have really long hair too, and would continually wear it in a messy bun on the top of her head just to keep cool every afternoon at school.

Isn`t the hairstyle a bit impractical in a lot of climates?

From the one and only Kimberlina from Australia!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic