Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Men who love hair - are we all really fetishists? I wonder...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Men who love hair - are we all really fetishists? I wonder...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Men who love hair - are we all really fetishists? I wonder...
    Posted: May 13 2001 at 10:55am
Much, maybe too much, has been posted elsewhere about hair fetishists recently. I am not here to debate the rights and wrongs of fetishism. But whether one regards them as enlightened or perverted, I think most would agree that they are different, in a minority, and perhaps not it the true sense of the word, "healthy".
Some may disagree with that last bit, but the point I am making is that I am wondering if, as a male hair lover, I am actually a bit of a fetishist myself (eek!)
The reason I say that is that to girls and women, hair is just one part of the fashion jigsaw, call it conditioning if you like. But we men have no such conditioning, it would be a bit of a "cissy" thing to be interested in whilst at school. And if we are to be honest, it is the basic sensuality of hair, long, short, shaved, whatever turns us on - that keeps us men interested. And the vast majority of us have our heads screwed on right, so we don`t have to be "pervy" about it - hair is just a very fundamental turn on. But fetishism is all about being "turned on" by disparate objects. So does that mean that we male hair enthusiasts, by strict definition, are all fetishists? I don`t know - maybe someone out there does.
phil
wolfgang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfgang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2001 at 6:11am
Reply to message: 10.3361.1
Phil,

besite the meaning of this term how it is described in dictionaries it is important how it is used on websites. The so called fetish sites I have looked at are exceptionally cut off sites which enjoy hair cuts, and mostly the attribute fetish is used from people who are "dying for cutting it". Besite that there exist fetishists who have individual preferences for sexuality and they may have it or not if it is not harmful for one of the partners. I myself can live without hair but it gives me an additional pleasure to see it, if it is long and healthy and beautiful, that other things don`t give. Maybe I am fetishist or not but sure not a cut off one. The usual life requests for me doesn`t have anything to do with the hair topic.

wolfgang
Biff View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2001 at 6:46pm
Reply to message: 10.3386.1
We`re not gonna start this all over again, are we? >;-)

Klaatu48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaatu48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2001 at 10:46pm
I`ve always looked at it like this... There are men who focus on breasts, there are me who focus on asses and others who focus on a woman`s legs. No one thinks these guys are odd or fetishists... they just consider them "Breast men" or whatever. So I tend to notice a woman with beautiful hair... how is that any different?
I`m a hair man, if you will.
Xylotomy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xylotomy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2001 at 1:29pm
Reply to message: 10.3390.1
Amen to that.

As an aside, I always thought someone with a fetish was, by strict definition, someone who `needed` something for ... we`ll just say "physical satisfaction" -- and dwells on it until they can satiate the desire. Otherwise, it`d just be a preference.

For the record, I consider myself a "face man" -- simply because that`s where you have to spend most of your time looking. :)
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2001 at 2:12pm
Thank you all for your replies. Like you say Biff, I don`t want to start a heavy debate again, I think really it was just a case of semantics. Reading all the replies, probably the answer to my original question is "no". I think Wolfgang is right to point out that the "cut off" sites are more representative of what we would consider, in this context, fetishism, and I like Klaatu`s term "Hair Man". That`s probably more like it.
phil
Lina View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2001 at 9:47pm
Reply to message: 10.3396.1
Yeah, but you have to admit that hair is more a part of a woman`s sexuality than it is a man`s. I think that most men generally tend to have more of a "relationship" with their girlfriend`s hair (ie, carressing, favouring certain styles, curls, colour, cut, etc) than vice versa. Yes, you will have women who are particular about the style that men wear, such as long hair or short and clean cuts. But, given that women are the ones who are typically more interested in hair, this is sort of a strange concept. I think it has more to do with hair being an aspect of a female`s sexuality than it really does the particular admirer (although the particular favourites are obviously characteristic of the individual).
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianefromcanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2001 at 7:33pm
Reply to message: 10.3361.1
Why is it when men happen to enjoy seeing a woman with long hair they questioned themselves if they have a fetish? Klaatu48 clearly put it in perspective when he explained noone ever thinks that a breastman or a legman has a fetish. Don`t you find that strange Phil that you would even question your appreciation of seeing long hair as many do on the internet? I always enjoy your posting as you come up with very smart things to talk about. YOu are very refreshing.

Everyone has a passion about things that they enjoy about the opposite sex. For example for myself I find it a huge injustice that not more men walk around with suits wearing nice ties and wearing expensive colognes that could easily make a woman like myself among others feel they are in heaven! lol But I have to live seeing more guys walking around in jeans and hardly anyone takes the time to wear cologne. lol

Hair plays an important role in both women and men. I remember my male friends taking the time to comb their hair or run their fingers in their own hair in highschool when they notice a cute female go by.
Even today most men I know really care about their hair and they are very sad when they lose it.
I was told once that my hair was appreciated because he was losing his.
dianefromcanada
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2001 at 7:42am
Reply to message: 10.3398.1
Diane, thank you for your kind words. I have to say I enjoy your posts too, always original, NEVER boring or predictable. (Stop, stop, this is turning into the Mutual Appreciation Society lol)!
Having read yours and Lina`s comments I can now see that I was probably approaching the subject from too narrow a perspective. I should not really question my appreciation of hair, just continue to enjoy it. Not just to see hair as an end in itself, but as Lina says, as part of the whole picture of a woman`s sexuality. Trouble is, it`s the hair that always draws me in in the first place - like you say, it may be because I`m starting to lose mine. Vicarious pleasure, I think they call it - which brings me back to the original question. But what the heck - from now on I`ll just enjoy looking at hair and not question it too much.
phil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic