Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What hairdressers should never say...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
karonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 1:57pm
I hate when I go to the hairdresser and she says,

"Ooooh...why does your hair look like this?"

Umm....isn't that why I'm here?
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2003 at 2:55pm
Hairdressers shouldn't tell you their life story every time you see them. It becomes a habit for them. My cousin is married to a hairdresser and you never get a word in edgeways. Why can't they shut up and let you answer their questions? "So, are you going on holiday this year? I'm not until I've lost at least a stone. I'm doing this new diet, but all I'm doing is eating...blah....blah".
Apologies if you are a hairdresser who cuts hair and doesn't act as if you are a therapist who needs to be talked at . Oh yeah, and that auto-pilot thing. How can anyone be taking enough notice of their work if their half asleep?!
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2003 at 6:45am
1) When you say you want it short, they should never ask, "Why?"
2) When cutting short hair, they should never try to pressure you into frills, wisps, or other cutesy things if you don't want them, just because they think you'll look too masculine without them.
3) They should also tailor the style around your time constraints, not keep bugging you, "Well, what else do you have to do?" and try to make you do all sorts of complex things just because they think it'll look better if you spend more time. If you go in for something you can fall out of bed looking good in, you don't want them turning it into a half-hour regimen :-P .
Ee, no wonder I so hate trusting other people to do my hair, if I can avoid it. . .
StyleGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StyleGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2003 at 9:10pm
While I was apprenticing with a stylist, I overheard the following conversation between him and a very attractive client, who happened to be a new mother.

Client: I'm looking for something new. Can you suggest something?

Stylist: (Meaning to account for the fact that as a new mother she would have less hair time) Well, you certainly aren't a model.

Cringe.

This explains why he was a hair stylist and not a political speech writer.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2003 at 7:38am
YAAAAOOOUUUUCH!

LOL, you didn't tell us how he got out of that one....Mann. After he pulled his big fat foot out of his mouth.
StyleGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StyleGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2003 at 9:32am
Actually, he was oblivious.

It never occured to him to try to get out of it, because he never realized that it might be taken badly.

At the end of the cut, the client simply said..

"I'm sorry I couldn't provide you with more inspiration."

I don't know if I'm imagining what he said next, or whether he really said this, since it was several years ago now, but I think it was something like this...

"Oh, that's all right, I get plenty of inspiration when I do hair shows."

I felt so sorry for her. The irony is that she could indeed have been a hair model. She had great, workable hair, and she was very attractive, and probably being a new mother needed reassurance. I don't think she ever came back.
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2003 at 6:29pm
Sad. It kind of reminds me of my first Boss....He was an awesome Cutter and also on the arrogant side... Oblivious...you hit the nail on the head.
I have always said that I learned a lot from him...A lot of awesome things, that I use to this day. A lot of bad that I will NEVER use.
Cheers.
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Young L da Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:38pm
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic