Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLong hair on boys ok or not?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Dragooney View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2002 at 10:54am
lol, some boys look tight with long hair. what about the boy that play on the never ending story.
i wash i my parents would let me grow my hair like him and me get a trim up. i forgot his name anyway, i
just wanted to brag about his hair because it`s so
beautiful and shiny looking, wow!.
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our life.
Kintaro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2002 at 7:26pm
Quote : "parents know best" has been used to justify event the actions of parents who don`t know the
last thing about raising children.

Let`s see what so-called good parents promote:

Physical Child Abuse (victim)
Sexual Child Abuse (not victim)
Underfeeding due to the fact that they have a crutch more important than their kids to satisfy (booze, cigs, pills, etc...)
Overfeeding (100+ pound toddlers on Jenny Jones and the like)
A few other things...
Dragging kids to see relatives who scare the living poo (dunno censor level here) out of them.
Conformist manner of speech

And of course, conformist manner of attire.

Before my mother killed herself (9 then), I was nothing more than a puppet. When I met my stepmother, she let me have freedom of choice, but I never noticed it.
When I was 14, she bought me a shirt marked NONCONFORMIST on it. Looked up the word, and subsequently conformist, and realized that conformism was a cancer.
When I was (almost) 16, I had to fight to get long hair. But it wasn`T that hard a fight since she was probing every single motivation i could have. But she was discouraging it though.
I`m 18 now. It`s **her** idea now (of course, it was mine, still is) that I have long hair. Better that than having none on the noggin`.

Current length = variable (duh.) 37cm on some strays.

Is there a moral to this story? NO. It`s all real, and isn`T intended as a pro or con towards hair or no hair.

My opinion is that I find that going to a "hairstylist" every 3 weeks to get a clipper job and paying 15 bucks for it is a ripoff. It`s been 2 years and change since I haven`t cared for anything more than length, I think I can start delving into whatever details of style I can.

P.S. I got a job recently at a pharmacy. And the dreaded question was asked : "Would you cut your hair for the job?"
Sincerity is a virtue, so I told him the truth:"If it is a sine qua non condition, I`d think about it."

Turns out that he wanted to scare me pooless (again, unknowledge of censor level) for 10 seconds to see my reaction under fire. He had long hair until 34 and one of the pharmacists has longer hair than me.

It makes you feel good that you did the right thing, and people will accept you as a person, not a number, or a perfectly round head.
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
Kaylie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2002 at 2:32pm
Hi.
I hope Allie and Tina are still reading this board, because I also have a son with long hair. He is in second grade and his hair is below his waist, and longer than any of the girls. I am thinking of donating some of it to the locks of love when he is 10. Have you cut your son`s hair yet? I hope not

K
dianefromcanada View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2002 at 12:42am

Underfeeding due to the fact that they have a crutch more important than their kids to satisfy (booze, cigs, pills, etc...)
A few other things...
Dragging kids to see relatives who scare the living poo (dunno censor level here) out of them.

And of course, conformist manner of attire. (Kintaro)

I can understand how you are feeling angry at your own mother for taking her life but good parents do not promote the above. (Diane)

Before my mother killed herself (9 then), I was nothing more than a puppet.

One day you will realize that your mother wasn`t well. Parents have the responsibility of protectiing their children and teaching morals and values. Being 9 you were a child needed directions as every child. YOu felt as a puppet. I see it as your mother tried her best eventhought it was blinded by her sickness. It is easy to say yes to everything it is harder to no and be a good parent.
Parenting doesn`t end by giving birth it only begins and ends when you the parent dies. YOur heart get rips but all the problems you see your children go through. You live in fear, worry etc. Good parenting is when you can understand your child and give them the responsibility that they can handle when the appropriate age depending on the responsibilities so that they can grow up being responsible men and women that society can be proud of and carry on the real values and morals in life.
When my husband died four years ago my oldest wanted the responsibility of growing fast. I refused eventhought he could have handled it. I wanted him to be a child at the age of 12. Last week I was in the hospital and when I came home my oldest insisted missing one day of school to take care of me because he said I was the best parent in the world. HE is 15 years turning 16 now.
He makes decisions that I as a child couldn`t make. He has goals and dreams and sets them in motion. I notice the same goes with the youngest. You are angry with your mother and that is something you have to deal with. It is called consulling but in life there are many good parents and ...............

dianefromcanada

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2002 at 12:43am

A few other things...

And of course, conformist manner of attire. (Kintaro)

I can understand how you are feeling angry at your own mother for taking her life but good parents do not promote the above. (Diane)

Before my mother killed herself (9 then), I was nothing more than a puppet.

One day you will realize that your mother wasn`t well. Parents have the responsibility of protectiing their children and teaching morals and values. Being 9 you were a child needed directions as every child. YOu felt as a puppet. I see it as your mother tried her best eventhought it was blinded by her sickness. It is easy to say yes to everything it is harder to no and be a good parent.
Parenting doesn`t end by giving birth it only begins and ends when you the parent dies. YOur heart get rips but all the problems you see your children go through. You live in fear, worry etc. Good parenting is when you can understand your child and give them the responsibility that they can handle when the appropriate age depending on the responsibilities so that they can grow up being responsible men and women that society can be proud of and carry on the real values and morals in life.
When my husband died four years ago my oldest wanted the responsibility of growing fast. I refused eventhought he could have handled it. I wanted him to be a child at the age of 12. Last week I was in the hospital and when I came home my oldest insisted missing one day of school to take care of me because he said I was the best parent in the world. HE is 15 years turning 16 now.
He makes decisions that I as a child couldn`t make. He has goals and dreams and sets them in motion. I notice the same goes with the youngest. You are angry with your mother and that is something you have to deal with. It is called consulling but in life there are many good parents and ...............

dianefromcanada
Kintaro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2002 at 7:33am
diane :

0- I heard you the first time (although i know it`s not your fault)
1- that was 9.5 years ago.
2- my mother didn`t care. It was her lax attitude towards my father and his abusive pattern towards us.
3- I`m sure she loved me, or else, she would have shot us too, remember that she was only 20 metres away and us in bed.
4- I don`t know your skill in the field of hair, but you sure as hell suck in psychanalysis. I was able to shake off whatever emotional trauma in half a year, since my step-mother actually loves me. My father is a deadbeat. And if you talk with more teens, you may realize general consensus is that there ae more bad parents than good. I wish you luck in making sure your kids view you as a good parent.

We need to get back on topic....... long hair on ANYONE = great. o_O ........ well maybe not homeless people.
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
duke View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2002 at 6:56pm
Diane: I know you mean well but there are a more unfit parents than you may think. There is
a tendency to excuse parents` behavior while at the same time having little understanding for
kids` behavior. Believe it or not, there are parents who don`t care (Kintaro`s mom may have
been one) as well as those who have kids for the wrong reasons. Just because someone is
a parent, doesn`t mean they know what they are doing or that they even love their kids.
Just look at all the folks who live thru their kids, making them do activities (stereotypically
ballet or soccer) and blasting them (or their coaches, competitors) if they don`t succeed.
Sheeesh...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2002 at 11:38pm
Kintaro and Duke

Kintaro if you were really okay you wouldn`t have written what you wrote. Its not my problem anyways. It your responsibility to change the path of your future. NOone elses. ( lots of hugs)
To Duke,
Whatever............
Walk a mile in a parent`s shoe and then talk.

dianefromcanada
Kintaro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2002 at 2:43pm
diane : I already changed my ******ty past. I`m fine now.

As for the fact that there are LOTS of bad parents, well, the only parent you can change or improve on is yourself. You can`t magically wish every other parent to become better. Parents often push their kids into living the parent`s lives, or what they wanted their childhood life to have been like. It`s pretty commonplace. And on the other end of the scale (my end), you have deadbeat parents that always cling on to what they see is the most important thing in our lives excluding birth, and expect their kids to be eternally grateful to them.

Welcome to reality. There ARE people that got it worse than you, and there are people who get it worse than me.

New sig..... just thought it up:
*** Boycott the Canadian Armed Forces for 2 reasons :
1- Buzzcuts mandatory for people unless they happen to be female or native canadian (and we weren`t born here either ?)
2- The army isn`t that good anyway.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2002 at 3:48pm
What does your above thoughts have to do with long hair on boys anyways?
dianefromcanada
Kintaro View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2002 at 9:58pm
Same thing for about almost every reply after my second post in this thread.... it`s drifting off topic. Maybe the fact that we are concentrating too much on the source of most of the problem and not the actual problem (why can`t kids have long hair). the problem is prejudice and tolerance........ too much of one, not enough of the other, and that goes for more than just parents...

If that was my two cents, why am I short a nickel ?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2002 at 10:26pm
(why can`t kids have long hair). the problem is prejudice and tolerance........

It is tough to thing to change at times. I have these 18 century etiquette books about how men behave and how women behave and some things have change but I find that some things haven`t.
Being convervative is something that society haven`t given up lightly. It more than just parenting. Its society and how society sees things being right.
Little girls have to be girls and boys have to be boys. It took years for boys to be able to play with dishes and yet girls could play with tractor toys etc. Girls could have short hair yet boys can`t have long hair.
dianefromcanada

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2002 at 10:27pm
(why can`t kids have long hair). the problem is prejudice and tolerance........

It is tough to thing to change at times. I have these 18 century etiquette books about how men behave and how women behave and some things have change but I find that some things haven`t.
Being convervative is something that society haven`t given up lightly. It more than just parenting. Its society and how society sees things being right.
Little girls have to be girls and boys have to be boys. It took years for boys to be able to play with dishes and yet girls could play with tractor toys etc. Girls could have short hair yet boys can`t have long hair.
dianefromcanada
Cherish View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2003 at 10:06am
If I were a mother, I'd have my sons hair cut the way i wanted it to look, when they were little.
However, as he got older he could have it cut anyway he wanted, it would be totaly up to him.
Anyway long hair on men is hot; with in reason.
Jimmy the King View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2004 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by sweetstarz sweetstarz wrote:

i come from a family w/ a strong religious background so i've been taught that it's a shame 4 a guy 2 have long hair. how long is long? don't ask me. personally i can stand a guy w/ hair down 2 their chin or so but no longer. and when it's all stragally and shaggy.....that's just gross.

I dont know what wacky religion your in that looks down upon someone because of their hair. in fact Jesus had long hair.
joec View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2004 at 11:24pm
Well this was a simple question that got way off topic.The ansewer is quite simple.Parents understand,"or should"their childeren more than anyone else.
They are responsible to place limitations on there kid's as they see fit.
Hair styles come and go.I grew up in the 70's my parents let me have long hair.They didnt care for it much.
Looking back at it,everbody was so busy being different that we all ended up looking the same.
Do'nt belive me pick up a high school year book,dated 1979.
Then pick up a year book 1955 if you want to see what the D.A haircut was all about.Kid's follow trends.It's never going to stop if you raise your kids to be good people their hair length wont matter,and sooner rather than later.It will be short again.If your lucky you will get to see it turn gray.
Then they will be asking you these kind of questions and you get to laugh.
Young L da Kid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2004 at 11:41pm
thats right
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2004 at 12:10am
true dat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic