Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want a perm is that wierd?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want a perm is that wierd?
    Posted: February 11 2001 at 11:03pm
Is it so wierd that I want to have my hair permed? Is there something wrong with me? I have a fasination with the hood dryer too and want to be under it at a salon? Whats wrong with me?
McKee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2001 at 4:53pm
Reply to message: 14.183.1
Nope, absolutly nothin` is wrong! This may seem weird but you are just curious and thats a good thing most of the time. Perms for guys aren`t as weird as you may think, it just might feel odd thinking that because you aren`t used to seeing people like that on a daily basis. Hey, I`m a girl and I`ve always wondering about what the clippers felt like.... and i dont see anything wrong with that!
"If everybody demanded peace instead of another television set, then there`d be peace"

~John W. Lennon
scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2001 at 10:53pm
Reply to message: 14.184.1
Thank you for replying. I have always wordered what it is like to sit under a dryer. My exgirlfriend always wanted me to get a perm and I think it has really made me want to. What is involved and what is I don`t like it? My hair is only about 3 inches long, is that long enough?
GeorgeSamuel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeSamuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2001 at 7:06pm
Reply to message: 14.186.1
Getting your hair perm`ed is not weird and 3" is probably not too short. I started getting my hair permed when it was about that length. You should ask your stylist to be sure. BTW, other than a little good natured kidding from some friends, I never heard anything except rave reviews about my perm`ed hair. I still get it perm`ed but now it is just past shoulder length and the perm gives it nice body.
phil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2001 at 6:19pm
Well, Scott, it seems like "I want a perm" was a rhetorical question! You obviously want one, so go for it! But I have to say that 3" long sounds awful tight.. in fact, it seems very slightly wierd, but then I`m just an ordinary guy. In case you didn`t know, Scott, George Samuel is a hairdresser so I`d take his views with a pinch of the old Sodium Chloride if I was you.
phil
M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2001 at 11:35pm
It`s not weird at all.

I just had my hair permed this past weekend. My hair is really long and straight, so it`s nice to have a little more volume and curls in my hair. As to what a perm involves, it does involve putting your hair in curlers and then a need to sit under a dryer for about half an hour. (probably less since your hair is shorter). After the perm, you`re probably not going to want to wash your hair for a few days. The perm takes about 2 hours.

If you can get past the embarassment of having your hair in curlers for half an hour, then I`m sure you can do it.
M
jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 7:47pm
ur next big step is wanting 2 wear lip gloss and dresses...good luck in your journy
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
dmass316 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmass316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 7:49pm
Look playa dont do it, thats all i can say.
OFFICIAL DREAMTEAM MEMBER
www.dreamteam360.net
D UNDISPUTED DEEPNESS DMASS360
MenaceIISociety View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MenaceIISociety Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 7:53pm
There aint nothing wrong with you, you just want to act like a girl and wear dresses LOL
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 8:02pm
DAMN GUYz./ By da name of da topic i knew dis was made lik in 2000 or sumthin cuz its stupid. Why do u bring back dis **** lol.

lmfao @ good luck in your journy and da slaute thing.. lol
Malvale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malvale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 8:29pm
I have a fasination with the hood dryer too and want to be under it at a salon? Whats wrong with me?

You're a homo.
NewEraOg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewEraOg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 8:40pm
[QUOTE=Twista] DAMN GUYz./ By da name of da topic i knew dis was made lik in 2000 or sumthin cuz its stupid. Why do u bring back dis **** lol.

Alot of niggas been bringin bac sum old sh!t lately
Official Dream Team Member
http://dreamteam360.net
Dream Team Website

http://community.webshots.com/user/neweraog1

jarell1944 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jarell1944 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 8:46pm
it be at the top of the forum....from the past part haha...i just had 2 post in it lol
Bet you never even felt the heat till i put the M-1 next to ya waves and melt the greaseWhat Im Workin WitDiane brush & Soft Brush both militaryMurrys Super Light Pomade/Nu Nile
NewEraOg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewEraOg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 8:59pm
lol
Official Dream Team Member
http://dreamteam360.net
Dream Team Website

http://community.webshots.com/user/neweraog1

1 luv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1 luv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 9:02pm

best waves in town
seaTown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaTown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2004 at 11:32pm
Yeah I saw that stupid thread about dude with pig tails thing up ther.. Twist u right, u kno it's from the past cuz it just sound stupid.

United Waves of America
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic